Skip to main content

EDD Troubleshooting Request Form


After September 4, 2021, federal unemployment benefits will expire.

If you are receiving these benefits, you will get a notice regarding the impact on your claim. You may qualify for several vital programs to help cover your food, housing, utility, and health care expenses. Please read on for more information.

Which federal unemployment benefits are ending September 4, 2021?

  • Pandemic Unemployment Assistance (PUA) created for self-employed workers and others who don’t qualify for regular state Unemployment Insurance (UI).
  • Pandemic Emergency Unemployment Compensation (PEUC) that provides additional weeks of unemployment benefits beyond the basic 26 weeks of regular state UI.
  • Pandemic Additional Compensation (PAC), also known as Federal Pandemic Unemployment Compensation (FPUC), that provides an extra $300 per week of benefits for workers collecting PUA, PEUC, FED-ED, and regular state UI.
  • Mixed Earner Unemployment Compensation (MEUC) supplement that provides an extra $100 per week in benefits for regular state UI recipients who earned at last $5,000 in self-employed earnings.

A separate extension of regular UI benefits known as the FED-ED will no longer be payable after September 11, 2021.

If your federal unemployment benefits are ending, you are encouraged to apply for the following vital programs that have been expanded by the American Rescue Plan:

  • Over $234 per person per month in food assistance via CalFresh whether you are working or not.
  • Rental and utility assistance via Housing is Key. Get 100 percent of rent and utilities paid for. Contact the Rent Relief call center at 1-833-430-2122.
  • Californians can apply directly to the county human services agency and services for family with children (CalWORKs), food assistance (CalFresh), and free health insurance (Medi-Cal) through org.
  • Health insurance – for as low as $1 per month for workers who received unemployment benefits, through Covered California.

Please watch the video below
before submitting your request for assistance.

Assistance Form
Contact Information
What is your issue?
Have you certified for ALL weeks pending of benefits?
Have you contacted another elected official?


Please carefully read the following:

By completing this form, I am requesting the Office of Assemblymember Maienschein (the “Assemblymember”) to assist me in working with the Employment Development Department (EDD) on my claim. I acknowledge that this may require the release of information contained in my records the dissemination of which may be prohibited by law. Therefore, I hereby authorize EDD and the Assemblymember to share all relevant portions of my records with each other, and to discuss matters relating to those records and my claim, until my claim is resolved.

I agree that I will not submit any personal identifiable information through this form that is not specifically requested. If the Assemblymember’s office needs additional information, such as my EDD number, the office will contact me to request that information.

Zip code entered is outside of the District. Please use the Find Your Rep webpage to find your District Representatives.